There is no doubt that Shopify is one of the most powerful eCommerce platforms to run your online business. Power it up with a platform like Spocket or Topdser to run a successful dropshipping business in no time.
One of the most important features of Shopify is, it lets you choose a theme for your online shop. If you search for the list of best Shopify themes, you will be amazed to see that Debutify is present in almost every list.
Indeed, Debutify is one of the most popular Shopify themes at present. This is particularly true for the drop shippers community.
In this review of Debutify, we are going to find out if Debutify is overhyped. We are also going to seek the answer to questions like “if Debtify is really worth it” and “Should I go for the Debutify Premium?”
To make things very clear upfront, the premium Debutify theme is not meant for all. There are several nifty and solid features in the premium Debutify theme. But these are not going to be universally beneficial to everybody. These are going to benefit a particular set of businesses tremendously though.
As for the free theme, we recommend it for everyone to go ahead and try this powerful theme on your Shopify store for free.
Review of Debutify
In this article, we will discuss:
Features of Debutify
To start with, Debutify is a clean, elegant, intuitive, and conversion-optimized Shopify theme which is widely known as the #1 free Shopify theme available today. Yes, it is available in both free and premium versions.
The theme is well-coded, lean, and fast giving you a good page loading speed for your online store. Moreover, it has several impressive in-built features that can help you to launch an elegant online shop.
In this section, we will discuss a few of the powerful features of this Shopify theme.
In-built currency converter
Debutify supports an in-built currency converter in the theme.
- You can have multiple placement options for the converter.
- You can have multi-currency checkout with Shopify Payments.
- You can make use of the loading icon while changing currency.
Product sliders are often the most attractive widgets used by shop owners to display products from the catalog. Debutify supports product sliders out-of-the-box.
- You can choose the number of products to show with the slider.
- You can make use of mobile and desktop swipe.
- You can create autoplay sliders and change the speed.
- You can choose between the visibility of arrows and dots.
Just like product sliders, customizable slideshows help you to advertise the best products, deals, and other goodies in your store.
With the slideshow feature of Debutify, you can:
- Create customizable slideshows based on mobile or desktop heights.
- You can include fade-in animations.
- You can make use of different customizable slider options.
The Debutify Shopify theme lets you create a customized header for your online store.
It lets you:
- Choose the navigation to left, right, or center. You can even hide the navigation altogether.
- You can choose a transparent header.
- You can have a sticky header as well.
- It also lets you have your transparent logo over a slideshow.
Just as a customizable header, you can have a customizable footer section for your storefront.
- You can have menus, text, images, social media icons, newsletter sign-up forms in your footer region.
- You can make use of custom column orders.
- You can include payment icons, email, and phone links.
This is an interesting feature that is probably useful for every store owner.
- You can have a featured image slider.
- You can have synced thumbnail slider.
- You can make use of a thumbnail or stacked layout.
- You can change the alignment of product images.
- You can enable zoom on hover functionality.
As a conversion-optimized Shopify theme, Debutify helps you project your product details in the best possible way.
- You can display the details as a sticky region while scrolling.
- You can add dropdown or button variants for product variants.
- You can include a full-width add-to-cart button.
- You can make use of a dynamic checkout button.
To promote cross-selling of products, Debutify has several in-built features that are worth having a look at.
- You can add a grid or slider to display related products with customizable options.
- You can have advanced product filters.
- You can have dynamic product recommendations.
Product testimonials are proven ways to build trust and encourage conversion. With this in mind, Debutify has included its product testimonial functionality.
With this, you can:
- Add testimonial slider under a product page.
- You can use the quote icon or images for an attractive display.
- You can also make use of different customizable slider options.
Remember that this is what you find in the free version of the Debutify theme. There are twenty-nine premium add-ons that can significantly enhance the capability of the theme, and in turn, your Shopify store.
We encourage you to play around the Debutify Demo store to get a feel of the active theme.
We will discuss these twenty-nine Debutify addons in a later section of this review. But, before that let us have a look at the different pricing plans to understand what it may cost you to use these premium addons.
Debutify is available in four different pricing plans.
As a free theme, you get a license to use it for free for one of your stores. Also, you can avail yourself of the Facebook Group support.
The Starter license allows you to use the theme in one store. Billed annually at $9.5/Month, you can avail of support from Debutify’s Facebook group, email, and full live chat support. If you opt for the Starter License, you can choose any 5 add-ons for your store. You also get integration support.
Billed annually at $23.5/Month, you can use Debutify for one store. Like the Starter plan, you can avail of support from Debutify’s Facebook group, email, and full live chat support. You can make use of the in-built integrations and select any 30 add-ons for your store.
Debutify’s Master plan comes at $48.5/Month billed annually. With this subscription, you get a license for 3 stores. Like the other two paid Debutify plans, you can also avail yourself of Debutify’s Facebook group, email, and full live chat support. Apart from access to features like Integrations, Mentoring, Courses, and Product research tool – the Master plan gives you access to all current and future add-ons to the Debutify theme.
Note that each of these paid Debutify plans come with a 14 day free trial period that does not require a credit card. Moreover, you are free to upgrade or downgrade the plan at any time. If you do need any of the add-ons you can even swap it with another.
The addons are what make the Debutify Shopify theme so powerful. These premium features are one-click options and can serve many of the common eCommerce needs for which you may otherwise need separate Shopify apps.
At the time of writing this article, Debutify has the following Shopify add-ons that you can use along with the free Debutify theme.
- Add-to-cart animation – Add an animation to the product page add-to-cart button.
- Cart countdown – Display a countdown timer in the cart.
- Cart discount – Allow customers to enter discount codes in the cart before checkout.
- Cart goal – Offer free shipping when a specific cart total amount is reached.
- Collection add-to-cart – Allow visitors to add products to the cart directly from collection pages.
- Color swatches – Add color swatches to your product options.
- Cookie box – Display a cookie box to make your website GDPR compliant.
- Delivery time -Display an approximate date of delivery.
- Discount Saved – Display the discount amount of on-sale product variants on the product page.
- Facebook Messenger -Add a Facebook Messenger chat widget to your store.
- FAQ -Add a searchable question and answers module to your store.
- Inventory quantity – Display the stock level for each product variant.
- Linked options – Hide unavailable product variant combinations.
- Live view – Display the number of people viewing your product page.
- Mega-Menu -Add nested menus, products, collections, articles, and more to your header navigation.
- Newsletter pop-up – Display a customizable newsletter pop-up to capture your visitor’s email before they leave your store.
- Pricing table – Showcase product options, bundles, packages, and all other upgrade options in a side-by-side price comparison table.
- Product tabs – Add additional details about your products in customizable tabs.
- Quantity break -Reward customers with discount codes when they purchase multiple items from your store.
- Quick view – Let customers quickly view your product details before they visit the product page.
- Sales countdown – Add a countdown timer for your on-sale products.
- Sales pop- Showcase your store’s recent purchases to all visitors.
- Shop protect – Protect your product description, images, articles, and other content from being stolen.
- Smart search – Show search results immediately as you type into the search field.
- Sticky add-to-cart – Add a sticky add-to-cart bar when scrolling.
- Trust badge – Display payments icons or custom trust badges under the add-to-cart and checkout buttons.
- Upsell bundles – Let customers buy different products in one click by creating bundle offers.
- Upsell pop-up – Display a customizable upsell pop-up that triggers when adding a product to the cart.
- Wish list – Let customers add their favorite products to a wish list they can come back to later.
In my opinion, these premium add-ons are a truly clever way to make this theme so powerful.
On one hand, the close integration of these additional functionalities to the core theme makes the system fast, robust, and more secure than using multiple third-party apps. On the other hand, using multiple Shopify apps would impact your overall running expenses regularly.
Debutify addresses both performance and expenses with its set of powerful add-ons.
Advantages of Debutify
As a Shopify theme, Debutify indeed has many in-built advantages. Let me mention a few of them here.
- Free – The free version of Debutify is a really solid choice if you are looking for a free Shopify theme. Moreover, you can use the theme on your Shopify free for as long as you wish.
- Easy Installation – Even if you have zero technical expertise, installing the Debutify theme is a breeze. You can start running your store without any need for complex code modifications.
- Optimized – Out-of-the-box the theme is responsive and works great on any device. It also integrates easily with many Shopify apps. In addition, the theme is really optimized for conversion that has led to a boost in the conversion ratio of multiple Shopify store owners.
- Addons – Debutify has a perfect collection of 29 premium add-ons that can eliminate the need of having multiple third-party apps that can slow down your Shopify store or add to the running expenses for your online business.
Limitations of Debutify
Here are some of the limitations of the Debutify theme that you must be aware of:
- Cost – While the free Debutify version is good, its premium version may seem expensive for a few users. This is particularly true because you need to pay a recurring monthly fee for the premium version.
- Customization – The Debutify theme is powerful enough to let you customize your storefront. However, keep in mind that some of the fonts and colors from the palettes do not allow customization.
- Addons – What makes the free Debutify different from its Premium version are the addons. However, you may find that some of the paid addons are unnecessary for you and you may not need them ever.
- Lucky Draws – Debutify arranges in-depth mentoring sessions for its customers, which is great! But, unfortunately, this is done based on the result of weekly lucky draws. So, there is no guarantee that every customer can avail of the mentoring sessions.
In short, Debutify is a powerful, robust, and feature-rich Shopify theme that is worth every penny even in 2021. This conversion-optimized Shopify theme can bring about a significant measurable boost to the performance of your online store.
The free Shopify theme can give you an elegant storefront in no time. But the real capability of the theme lies in its premium add-ons. The intelligent and well-coded add-ons can add tremendous value to your store.
Agreed that Debutify has its share of shortcomings. The most significant may be the higher pricing plans. But browse the Shopify app store for yourself and do the Math. You will appreciate that Debutify is indeed a value for money.
I would recommend this theme to any Shopify store owner who is looking for a powerful, easy, and conversion-optimized theme for the store. No doubt why Debutify is often termed as the best free Shopify theme! If you are undecided, go ahead and try out the free Shopify theme and decide for yourself.