According to Wikipedia – a logo is a graphic mark, emblem, or symbol used to aid and promote public identification and recognition. It may be of an abstract or figurative design or include the name it represents as in a wordmark.
In other words, a logo is not just another image visible on your website, merchandise, visiting cards, or products. Think of it as an essential part of your branding.
In short, your logo stands for your brand.
Needless to say, it is very important to invest wisely when you design a logo. And so, in one of our articles on eCommerce startup costs, we mentioned that setting aside a budget for your logo is an essential step.
But, what if you can create a logo for free?
In this article, we are going to look at one such free online logo creator. Yes, we are talking about DesignEvo.
In this DesignEvo review, we will discuss the following about this free logo maker:
- What is DesignEvo?
- Getting started with DesignEvo
- Features of DesignEvo
- Platforms supported by DesignEvo
- How does DesignEvo work?
- Advantages of DesignEvo
- Limitations of DesignEvo
DesignEvo Review – What is DesignEvo?
DesignEvo is an online logo maker that helps you to design a logo for free. With this user-friendly tool, you can design a professional logo without the need for advanced design skills. Following the DIY approach, you can create an amazing logo with a few clicks.
With an intuitive and powerful logo designer, DesignEvo lets you create amazing logos without any restriction, watermark, and registration.
It has a large collection of vector icons and shapes that you can add and customize to level up a logo design. DesignEvo also includes 100+ text fonts. Whether you’re looking for something formal, traditional, modern, or funny, its gallery of fonts has you covered.
DesignEvo features a super simple WYSIWYG editor that lets you work on icons, shapes, and text easily and effectively. You can adjust the color, size, position, and rotation of icons, or change text color, style, spacing, and add text outline or glow effects to create a logo with your own style.
DesignEvo Review – Getting started with DesignEvo
We will start this DesignEvo review outlining the steps necessary to begin using the DesignEvo platform.
You can start using DesignEvo for free by following the below steps :
- Visit the DesignEvo website.
- On the top right corner, you will find the Sign Up button. Click on it.
- In the pop-up window, you can choose to connect with Facebook or Google. You can even sign up using an email address and password combination.
- After you click on the Sign Up button on this popup, You will receive a confirmation email. Act on it and confirm your user account.
Note that you can check all of the resources and edit logos even without having a DesignEvo account. But, if you want to save or download the logo, you must register and log in to DesignEvo first.
DesignEvo Review – Pricing
DesignEvo is available in three different plans. While you can use the DesignEvo logo builder for free, you may also opt to upgrade based on the advanced features you may need.
Let us look into some of the salient features of the different DesignEvo pricing tiers in a tabular format.
|Need to give credit
|Low resolution files (JPG, PNG)
|High resolution files (JPG, PNG)
|Limited to 300 px
|Up to 5000 px
|Up to 5000 px
|Edit and re-download
|Vector files (PDF, SVG)
|Download font files
|One Time Price
DesignEvo Review – Features of DesignEvo
Here, we will talk about the major features of the DesignEvo logo creator.
Logo Templates in DesignEvo
DesignEvo has a collection of rich templates. These professionally created templates are available in various themes and categories. You can use these templates to create a modern logo, vintage logo, or minimalist logo.
The ready-made logo templates are grouped in different categories based on the design elements or the related industry.
In addition, DesignEvo lets you search for logo templates by imputing the keywords in the search box. You can choose the most suitable template from the result. The platform also lets you shortlist a template as a favorite for future use.
Logo Color and Logo Font in DesignEvo
DesignEvo allows you to use colors that work best together to perfect the design of your logo.
You can even use gradient colors for the logo design. Adding gradient effects to a logo can definitely make it eye-catching and stand out from the others.
DesignEvo provides a fantastic collection of modern sans fonts. These include all popular fonts like Loto and Open Sans. In addition, DesignEvo offers dozens of script fonts like Pacifico and Sacramento. Using these handwriting fonts for a logo design will make it look personal as if it is signed by hand.
DesignEvo free logo maker also provides lots of easy-to-use text editing tools for you, which enable you to customize personal word art in minutes. You can choose your favorite font and touch it up by adjusting its size, color, alignment, glow, shadow, curvature, etc.
Logo Backgrounds and Logo Icons in DesignEvo
The DesignEvo logo maker can easily create logos with transparent or solid background colors. If you want to have a solid background for the logo, you can choose from the color picker or input the color number to get the color that you actually want.
Gradient colors bring more depth and dimension to your design. If you are looking for cool gradient backgrounds for the design, you can apply the default gradient color or choose other gradients for the logo. You can also modulate the direction of the transition from one hue to another.
DesignEvo has a rich icon library. It has millions of icons for any industry. The search-enabled well-stocked icon library can help you to find the perfect icon in minutes.
The icons are available in SVG format. Because of this, compared to almost any other image file type, their file sizes are smaller. It is also easy to scale it up or scale it down with no quality loss for printing or other uses.
There are many editing options available for modifying the icons. You can change its size, color, and transparency with a few clicks. Besides, the DesignEvo logo maker also lets you flip the icon vertically or horizontally according to your personal needs.
Downloading The Logo From DesignEvo
After you finish designing a logo, you can use the Preview option to see how the logo will look when printed or displayed on objects like business cards, stationery, envelope, shirt, etc.
If everything looks good, you can download it to your computer quickly. You will get the logo in zipped format, which contains PNG and JPG image files, as well as a transparent PNG image file.
DesignEvo enables you to download high-resolution JPG and PNG files with a maximum size of 5000 x 5000px. You can also specify the pixels of the logo design to the most desirable one by typing the pixels you prefer.
DesignEvo not only lets you download JPG and PNG logo files, but also export a logo with a transparent background. Besides, you can get high-quality SVG and PDF logo files that can be scaled to any size without pixelating, which is very helpful whenever you want to use the logo for printing, online, or anywhere else.
The download process is fast, easy, and quick.
DesignEvo Review – Platforms supported by DesignEvo
DesignEvo is available in three different flavors.
- Web – The DesignEvo website is probably the most common way to design a free logo from your browser. You can access all templates and resources from your browser to create a stunning logo for free with DesignEvo.
- Desktop – At present, the DesignEvo free logo maker is available as standalone software for Mac devices. You can download the installer to design a logo from your desktop. The Windows software is still not available but is planned to be launched soon.
- Mobile App – DesignEvo logo creator is also available as a mobile app that you can use to create a logo from your mobile device. The DesignEvo mobile app is available in both Android and iOs variants.
This means you can make use of every DesignEvo feature using any of the above platforms.
DesignEvo Review – How does DesignEvo work?
DesignEvo works in a simple template-based approach. You can either create a logo from scratch or select a template for quick customization.
You can choose icons, modify the logo text, fonts, and colors using the drag-and-drop editor of DesignEvo.
When you are happy with the final design of the logo, you can download it instantly.
How to create a logo with DesignEvo?
- Start designing a logo with DesignEvo by selecting an appropriate template. Of course, if you are a creative nerd, you can start from scratch with a blank canvas. But using a predefined template is easier for most. Choose one from the 10,000+ professionally designed DesignEvo logo templates and customize it for your logo.
- After you have selected the logo template, click it to open the template. You must enter the logo name and slogan in the pop-out window and then click Get Started to enter the editing canvas.
- You can search and find an icon to add to the logo. You can even replace the existing one on the predefined template. Open the ICON tab on the side panel. Enter a keyword to search for icons you need and then click or drag to add your desired ones to the canvas.
- You can even open the SHAPE tab on the side panel; choose one category and then scroll down to preview all options. Click or drag your favorite shapes to the canvas.
- You can select an object from your canvas and the editor toolbar would appear on the top. Use the toolbar to adjust the color, opacity, or flip the selected object horizontally or vertically.
- If you want to add text, Open the TEXT tab on the side panel and insert the logo name or slogan. You can apply different font styles or WordArt to the text.
- After your logo is designed, you can sign up and sign in to your account, and then click the Download button on the top toolbar to download your logo design. A free low-res logo is also available if you share DesignEvo on your social media, blog, or your website.
In this Designevo Review, we are not detailing any further. For a more detailed tutorial on how to create a logo using the Designevo free logo creator – please refer to the DesignEvo website.
Where can you use the logo created with DesignEvo?
After purchasing your logo from DesignEvo, you can use it on your website, shirt, stationery, business card, letterhead, social media, sign, and more, with no limitations.
How to purchase your logo from DesignEvo?
If you decide to upgrade and purchase the designed logo to remove all limitations mentioned above, you can buy it. Remember that DesignEvo has a 7 days money-back policy. It means you get seven days from the date of purchase to request a refund, if necessary.
Currently, DesignEvo accepts PayPal and credit cards for the purchase. Following is the list of credit cards you can use to buy your logo from DesignEvo:
- American Express
- Diners Club
You should also note that you can make unlimited edits to your purchased logo anytime.
DesignEvo Review – Advantages of DesignEvo
In short, DesignEvo has every feature to make it the best free logo creator. In this section, we will highlight a few key advantages of the DesignEvo logo creator.
- It has a perpetual free tier. You can design and create your logo for free.
- The collection of icons and fonts is really huge.
- The searchable list of template categories and icons makes it easy to find your right fit.
- The intuitive and DIY approach makes it easy to create stunning logos even if you do not have any designing skills.
DesignEvo Review – Limitations of DesignEvo
Notwithstanding the many advantages that we had talked about in the DesignEvo review, DesignEvo has some limitations that you must be aware of.
- At present, you cannot use color gradients on any text. In other words, you can only use solid colors for any text in your logo. Similarly, you cannot have multiple colors for one icon. You cannot flip a letter in DesignEvo at present.
- DesignEvo does not offer your logo in ESP or AI format. Plus Package subscribers can download the logo in SVG format and convert it online into the desired format.
- You cannot upload any custom font or custom graphics to DesignEvo.
- The free logo can not be used for any commercial purpose. If you want to own the copyright of the logo you created or use it commercially, you must purchase the basic or plus package.
Wrapping Up Our DesignEvo review
In this DesignEvo review, we discussed all the major and salient features of the DesignEvo platform. We have also highlighted the important advantages and limitations of the platform.
In short, we found the DesignEvo logo maker an intuitive WYSIWYG logo designing software that can help you design a logo in a very short time. The end result is smart, elegant, and stunning.
Since it lets you customize an already created logo any number of times, the platform can be very useful for the DIY entrepreneur.
While the free logo maker works as good, I recommend you to buy the final product as it would help you to use the logo commercially. Moreover, you do not need to give any attribution.