Today’s eCommerce landscape is buzzing with several online store builders that vary in their capability, offerings, services, pricing, and target audience. Of course, competition is always good for the consumer. But this results in a dilemma for the entrepreneur who is looking for a suitable platform for his online business.
At one end, you have hosted platforms like Shopify. On the other end, you have self-hosted eCommerce software like WooCommerce. Somewhere in between, you can also find players like Payhip or Podia. The availability of so many options may seem daunting.
That is where our reviews come in handy.
In this article, we are going to share a detailed review of Hyax – one of the newest eCommerce platforms that are creating a buzz.
In short, Hyax is a very new yet feature-rich eCommerce platform that looks very promising at the onset. With a sophisticated store builder and in-built marketing tools, it makes running an online shop very easy.
Review of Hyax
In this review of Hyax, we will discuss:
- Introduction to Hyax
- Getting Started with Hyax
- What can you sell with Hyax
- Customizing your Store
- Tools & Promotions
- Hyax Pricing
- Strengths of Hyax
- Weaknesses of Hyax
Introduction to Hyax
Compared to most common and popular eCommerce platforms like Shopify or Podia, Hyax is a newer platform to sell your online products. This powerful and advanced store builder is developed by two SaaS and eCommerce veterans – Kevin Tang and Jack Paxton.
According to the founders of Hyax, it is an innovative and all-in-one eCommerce platform that has been created to solve the issues they had faced while doing business using other tools.
- You can sell digital products like courses, eBooks, downloads, and etc.
- You can build funnels and landing pages with features to upsell and order bumps.
- You can create an eCommerce storefront for your business.
- You can setup and accept recurring payments.
- You can create a membership site.
- You can create elegant custom courses.
In this review of Hyax, we are going to discuss the features and offerings of Hyax in close detail.
Getting Started With Hyax
Creating an account with Hyax is easy, free, and fast. In other words, you can create your seller account without any upfront commitment. As we will see later, Hyax operates with a unique pricing model. While it does not have a perpetual free tier like Payhip, you can try out the Hyax platform for free as long as you wish. You need to opt for a paid plan only when you are ready to accept an order.
To create an account with Hyax, follow the below steps:
- Navigate to the Hyax website.
- In the middle of the homepage, you will find a text box to enter your email and sign up.
- Provide your email address and click sign up.
- After clicking on the sign up button, you will be redirected to another form to enter few additional details.
- You have to provide your full name and a password.
As you can see, at present Hyax is offering a 50% discount and subscribes you to the Beginner plan automatically. You can change your plan anytime.
Note that you do not have to pay anything right away. Instead, Hyax lets you try its platform for as long as you wish. It starts charging you when you are ready to launch your store and accept orders from your customers.
What can you sell with Hyax
As an eCommerce platform, Hyax lets you sell:
- Digital products
- Physical products
In short, this platform has all tools that can help you easily start selling products, memberships, and courses without any hassle. We will look at the different features of Hyax in close details in the later sections of this review.
Customizing Your Store
When it comes to customizing your storefront, Hyax makes the process simple with its easy-to-use drag and drop editor. Some of the things that you can do to customize your online store are:
Using Custom Domain
Adding a custom domain to your Hyax store follows a straightforward approach. You can easily point your custom domain to your store by changing a few documented settings at your domain registrar dashboard and Hyax dashboard.
For example, you need to update the domain A records and project settings on the Hyax dashboard.
Hyax offers you several predesigned templates to give you an amazing head start towards customizing the look and feel of your store. With the advanced drag and drop editor, you can customize it further to give a pixel-perfect look.
The Hyax platform lets you customize your store with the drag and drop editor without the need for developers.
Note that Hyax does not support custom third-party apps at present. So, customization and extension of your store will be limited by whatever is supported by the Hyax platform.
Tools and Promotions
In this section, we will discuss some of the important tools that all Hyax customers can access to promote and manage their stores.
You do not need another application to do split testing. Hyax has in-built capabilities to perform A/B testing to optimize the important pages of your store and increase conversion.
Upselling & Cross-selling
Hyax makes it easy to implement upselling and cross-selling offers to boost conversions. You can easily create and apply special offers to increase sales. For example, Hyax makes it easy to create:
- order bump offers
- minimum shipping offers and discounts
- site-wide discounts
Another important feature that you must note is that Hyax does not charge you any transaction fees for the generated sales. Moreover, there is no minimum threshold necessary to receive your payments. All payouts are instantaneous and get credited as soon as your chosen payment processor processes them.
For your information, at present Hyax integrates with both Stripe and Paypal for payment processing.
Note that Hyax does not have any perpetual free tier. However, the unique feature with Hyax is it allows you unlimited time to try out the platform for free. In other words, you are free to test the Hyax platform for free for unlimited time. You need to opt for one of the paid Hyax plans when you are ready to accept orders commercially.
Hyax has three paid plans for you to choose from.
As a Hyax customer,
- You can run a membership website or blog.
- You can create paid/gated content.
- You can make use of multi-step funnels.
- You can own and run your eCommerce storefront.
- You can sell courses.
- You can create quizzes.
- You get free hosting, CDN, and SSL.
- You do not have to pay any transaction fees.
Let us now look at the differences between the different plans.
- The Beginner plan of Hyax comes at $99 per month.
- At present Hyax is running an introductory offer that lets you subscribe for $49 per month.
- Your storefront will carry a minimal Hyax branding.
- Your store can have up to 100k page views per month.
- You can run up to 3 projects.
- You can have up to 10k contacts.
- Your storefront can have up to 10 products or courses.
- The Advanced plan of Hyax comes at $199 per month.
- At present Hyax is running an introductory offer that lets you subscribe for $99 per month.
- Your storefront will carry no Hyax branding.
- You can run up to 9 projects.
- Your store can have unlimited page views.
- You can have up to 25k contacts.
- Your storefront can have up to 40 products or courses.
- The Enterprise plan of Hyax is a custom-tailored plan for enterprises.
- You need to contact Hyax for your custom quote.
- Your storefront will carry a minimal Hyax branding.
- Your store can have unlimited page views.
- You can run more than 9 projects.
- Your contact list will be variable and depend on your customized plan.
- Your storefront can have unlimited products or courses.
For each project, you can connect a domain to access your store.
Also, Hyax has a 15-day refund policy. This means, you can cancel your subscription within fifteen days of buying it and Hyax will refund your money without asking any question.
Strengths of Hyax
The most important advantages of choosing Hyax as your eCommerce platforms are:
- Hyax is a powerful all-in-one solution that can host your entire marketing stack, store, courses, membership sites, and landing pages.
- You do not need any third-party app to run your business. Hyax is capable of performing all business needs from a unified platform for a flat monthly charge.
- You can efficiently perform advanced eCommerce functions like upselling, recurring payment processing, cross-selling, A/B testing, etc.
- You do not have to commit an upfront investment to try out Hyax. An unlimited period to try out the platform for free is truly unique to Hyax. Moreover, a zero transaction fee for your sales is definitely a pocket-friendly option.
- The Hyax platform is running on a robust infrastructure that takes care of the speed, security, and availability of your storefront.
Weaknesses of Hyax
However, Hyax has its own set of limitations. For example,
- Hyax has no free tier. Even the beginner plan may seem expensive for entrepreneurs who are just starting out.
- While Hyax is a powerful platform that caters to most of the eCommerce needs, it does not allow you to add any external apps or plugins to fulfill your custom requirements.
- You have no option to upload a custom third-party theme at present. You need to select one of the pre-designed themes and customize it using the easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor.
- Hyax is a growing platform. Consequently, the help system is still not complete. You may not find answers to all your queries from the support portal. However, you can reach out to the helpful support staff for any know-how.
- In my opinion, the Hyax homepage needs more refinement to represent the real capability of the platform.
Hyax is a feature-rich eCommerce platform that has the capabilities to support almost every need of a scalable online business. If you choose Hyax, you do not need integrations with other tools like Landing Page builders, email marketing software, A/B testing, Course Builders, etc.
However, if you have custom requirements that are not common to generic online businesses – it will be difficult for you to achieve them. This is because Hyax does not support the use of any custom app or third-party extensions yet.
In my opinion, if you do not have unique and custom business requirements – Hyax can be a fantastic option to build your store. Though it does not have any free plan, the inclusiveness of its features can justify its pricing plans. If you are undecided, you can sign up for free to test the system and find out if will suit your needs.