Sendinblue is one of the popular marketing and automation tools available today. With its powerful suite of offerings like email and SMS marketing, chat, transaction emails, and CRM – it aims to become your go-to all-in-one powerful solution.
In this Sendinblue review, we will look at its prominent features, pricing, pros, and cons to figure out if Sendinblue is really a platform that can meet your requirements. At the end of this article, we will briefly talk about a few alternatives to Sendinblue as well – highlighting their comparative advantages and disadvantages over Sendinblue.
I am sure that this review of Sendinblue is going to help you make an informed decision.
In this review of Sendinblue we will read:
- Advantages of Sendinblue
- Limitations of Sendinblue
- Alternatives to Sendinblue
Sendinblue Review – Introduction to Sendinblue
Sendinblue is a robust and all-in-one solution that addresses the most important needs of small businesses – pricing, cost, reliability, and features. As a platform, Sendinblue often strikes the perfect balance between pricing and features. Thanks to its very generous free tier that lets you start your campaigns without spending any money.
The platform has several impressive features to help you optimize your campaigns. These include capabilities for advanced email automation, segmentation, personalization, and landing pages and forms. As you can understand, proper use of these features can heavily increase your conversions.
Moreover, its CRM, marketing automation, support of transactional emails and SMS, abilities to create landing pages, and Facebook ads make this platform a serious option to explore.
Sendinblue also has a powerful WordPress plugin.
Sendinblue Review – Features of Sendinblue
In this section, we will discuss the key features of the Sendinblue platform.
Email Marketing with Sendinblue
Sendinblue makes it easy to create a professional email in very little time. You can choose any of the existing templates or build your newsletter from scratch. The intuitive drag and drop editor makes it easy to add different blocks and customize them to match your brand.
You can also personalize the emails to address them to your contacts individually.
Sendinblue lets you group your contacts and segment them for different targetted campaigns. With in-built tools for A/B testing and machine learning-powered send time optimization tools, you can improve the open rate and conversion.
Sendinblue Review – SMS Marketing with Sendinblue
Sendinblue’s SMS marketing capability can help you to schedule the promotion of time-sensitive events by sending bulk SMS to your contact list.
SMS campaigns can help you to communicate time-sensitive messages directly to your customers’ phones.
You can even set up transactional SMS for order confirmations, shipping updates, and more using API, automation, or a list of plugins.
Sendinblue’s SMS also supports personalization and segmentation based on several criteria.
You can use in-built reporting and metrics to review the performance of your SMS campaigns and improve wherever you are lagging.
Sendinblue Review – Chat using Sendinblue
You can use Sendinblue’s real-time chatbox feature to build a chat environment for your visitors. Note that you can customize these chatboxes to match your brand.
Setting up Chat on your website is a simple process. After you configure and personalize your Chat environment using your Sendinblue account, you can copy a snippet of code to install it on your website.
After enabling chat support on your website, you can address the queries from your leads and customers in real-time.
You can use Sendinblue’s workflow tools to organize your workflow. You can assign the conversations to different users to optimize response time for chat support.
Sendinblue Review – Other Features of Sendinblue
Transactional Emails using Sendinblue
Sendinblue supports transactional emails.
You can design professional transaction emails and personalize them with information that you can pass from your website programmatically using the templating language of Sendinblue.
Contact Segmentation with Sendinblue
Sendinblue lets you create advanced contact segmentation based on different criteria.
This can help you to create highly targeted marketing campaigns.
Marketing Automation using Sendinblue
Marketing automation helps you to automate different If-Else logic for your marketing campaigns. It allows you to automate your workflow by defining rules, triggering conditions, and corresponding actions. These actions can include sending emails and SMS messages, organizing contacts into different lists, and updating information in your contact database.
With Sendinblue, you can upload your contact information to start managing your customer relationships easily.
You can store all of the information you have about your contacts in the CRM contact profile.
Sendinblue lets you use different lists to organize your contacts based on similar characteristics, source of acquisition, step in the conversion funnel, or your own criteria.
You can even create tasks in your CRM and assign them to different members of your team with deadlines to stay on track. Make use of the automation to automate different related tasks, including sending follow-up emails.
Sendinblue Review – Tools And Utilities in Sendinblue
Sendinblue customers can make use of some of their intelligent tools to improve your email marketing campaigns.
A/B Testing with Sendinblue
The A/B testing tool will help you to test different ideas at the same time, splitting the two versions between a sample of contacts and automatically choosing the one that performs the best according to your criteria once the test is finished.
With A/B testing, you can improve your email campaign performance by choosing the best version of your campaign based on your criteria.
Click Map Reports with Sendinblue
With the eMail click maps, you can judge the email engagement by highlighting clicked elements using different color codings. The email heat map also reports the total clicks by link and a breakdown of the percentage of clicks that each link received in your email.
This can help you to improve the success of your email campaign. You can understand the user behavior and improve your marketing strategy further. Moreover, eMail click maps can help you choose and optimize CTAs for better user engagements.
Using Sendinblue Reports
Sendinblue gives you a detailed and real-time overview of your email marketing performance.
The real-time statistics will help you to understand the entire journey of your transactional emails. In the real-time view, these events are aggregated by the second and minute.
Create Facebook Ads From Sendinblue
You can build a perfect Facebook ad right from your Sendinblue account. You can choose to retarget a specific list of contacts or use a contact list to find new people who are similar to these contacts using Facebook’s lookalike audience feature from your Sendinblue account.
You can set the limits of your campaign like duration and budget. Sendinblue will optimize your ad campaigns automatically to yield good results.
Build Landing Page and Signup Forms with Sendinblue
With Sendinblue, you can build professional signup forms and landing pages easily using the intuitive drag and drop form builder. It is also easy to customize the forms to match your brand.
Note that you make your forms GDPR compliant easily.
Integrations Supported By Sendinblue
It is also necessary to note that Sendinblue has a robust API system that can help you to integrate it with any third-party system. Moreover, it has in-built integrations with lots of external applications like Shopify, WooCommerce, and so on. You can visit the Sendinblue website to check the latest and updated list of integrations.
Sendinblue Review – Sendinblue Pricing
Sendinblue is available in four different pricing plans. These subscription options differ in the features available, number of inboxes, branding options, number of contacts, and so on. It is also interesting to note that Sendinblue has a perpetual free tier that lets you start using the Sendinblue without any upfront commitment.
Moreover, it also offers you a pre-paid plan, wherein you can purchase pre-paid email and SMS credits that never expire instead of regular monthly subscriptions.
In this section, we are going to discuss the various subscription plans of Sendinblue along with comparative details of the different available features.
The free plan of Sendinblue is a perfect choice if you are just starting out or want to test the platform. Some of the notable features of the free Sendinblue plan are:
- You can use the Sendinblue platform for $0 per month.
- You can have unlimited contacts.
- You can make use of email campaigns, a mobile-friendly email designer, the built-in email template library, SMS marketing, and Chat.
- You can use Sendinblue to send transactional emails and SMSs.
- You can make use of advanced segmentation and Sendinblue’s Sales CRM.
- You can build customizable signup forms.
- You can send up to 300 emails per day.
- You have access to 1 shared inbox.
- You can access Sendinblue’s email support.
- You can not remove the Sendinblue logo from your emails.
- You can not access the powerful reporting functionalities.
- You can not use the powerful landing page builder.
- You can not create and launch Facebook ads directly from the Sendinblue account.
- You do not get and dedicated IP.
- The Lite plan of Sendinblue starts from $25 per month.
- You can have unlimited contacts.
- There is no daily sending limit.
- You can remove the Sendinblue logo from your emails.
- You can access the A/B testing tools.
- You get everything in the Free plan.
- The Premium plan of Sendinblue starts from $65 per month.
- You can access Sendinblue’s phone support.
- You can make use of the powerful Send time optimization tool to maximize the open rates.
- Includes 5 landing pages.
- You can create and launch Facebook ads from inside your account.
- You get 3 shared inboxes.
- You can access the powerful advanced reporting tools.
- You get multi-user access up to 3 users.
- You get everything in the Lite plan.
- The Enterprise plan of Sendinblue is a custom-tailored plan meant for advanced marketers.
- Basically, it is an unlimited plan, which gets custom-tailored with advanced features like priority sending, SSO(SAML), priority support, and a dedicated customer support manager.
- You need to contact Sendinblue to get a custom quote for your own enterprise.
Apart from this subscription-based pricing, Sendinblue also offers you prepaid email and SMS credits. These credits do not have any expiry date and you can use the Sendinblue platform on a pay-as-you-wish basis.
Note that the pre-paid credits come with everything in the Lite plan including the Lite+ add-on.
Sendinblue Review – Advantages of Sendinblue
Let me highlight some of the advantages of the Sendinblue platform.
- The perpetual free tier of Sendinblue offers a fantastic starting point for your email marketing needs. It is worthy to note that Sendinblue lets you have unlimited contacts in its free plan.
- The reports and analytics are powerful and can give you a birds-eye view of your campaigns.
- The ability to purchase prepaid email and SMS credits is an interesting choice if you want to get rid of recurring subscriptions and prefer the pay-as-you-go option.
- The WYSIWYG editor is easy to use and you can create responsive newsletters very easily without any need of knowing CSS or HTML.
- Sendinblue offers you robust APIs that you can use to integrate a third-party system with your Sendinblue account.
Sendinblue Review – Limitations of Sendinblue
Despite having several in-built advantages, the Sendinblue platform has a few limitations.
- Sendinblue’s customer support is inconsistent. If you need support, sometimes you may face a very slow support mechanism which may annoy you.
- The email designing feature is not as feature-packed as many of its competitors. The tool lacks some advanced features that you can find on platforms like Moosend.
- The lowest tier of Paid Sendinblue plans is expensive compared to its alternatives. However, the free plan is perfect for you to start using the platform.
- If you are a visual learner looking for video tutorials to learn using the platform, you will be disappointed. There are very few video tutorials available.
- The automation feature of Sendinblue is limited in its capabilities and the user interface is not that user-friendly.
Sendinblue Review – Alternatives to Sendinblue
While Sendinblue has an impressive perpetual free tier that you must explore, you may want to know about some of the popular alternatives to Sendinblue.
In this section, we will introduce you to a few good Sendinblue alternatives that you like to explore for your needs.
Moosend vs Sendinblue
Moosend is a powerful alternative to Sendinblue. It has a very efficient workflow designer and a robust automation mechanism. The Moosend platform can support and handle complicated automation scenarios.
Like Sendinblue, Moosend also has a perpetual free tier that lets you send unlimited emails to up to 1000 subscribers.
It is, in fact, an all-in-one marketing platform that deserves to be explored. You can read our complete Moosend review to understand its offerings, pricing, strength, and weakness.
Sendinblue vs Omnisend
Omnisend is a very powerful option when it comes to eMail marketing tools for eCommerce. Having robust integrations with all major eCommerce platforms like Shopify, BigCommerce, and WooCommerce – Omnisend makes eMail automation very easy for your online business.
Like Sendinblue, it also has a perpetual free tier that lets you use the core features of the platform for free. As a free user, you can send up to 15000 emails per month.
Overall, Omnisend is a powerful Sendinblue alternative that you can explore.
Wrapping Up Our Sendinblue Review
Sendinblue is an easy and effective eMail marketing platform that supports a multitude of different tools like eMail, SMS, and transactional communication.
The easy newsletter builder can be very handy to the not-so-savvy user who lacks knowledge of advanced CSS and HTML.
The free plan can give you the perfect headstart to start your eMail campaigns. Though not the most inexpensive option, the premium Sendinblue offerings are not too pricey as well.
However, as we mentioned, the most notable complaint against Sendinblue is related to the support. Its support is slow and sometimes might disappoint you.
If you are new to email marketing, go ahead and create a free Sendinblue account to explore the platform.
However, I am not very impressed with the paid Sendinblue plans. You get a better deal with any of the Omnisend’s paid plans. This is particularly true if you are looking for a platform to complement your online business.
If you are still undecided, create a free Sendinblue account and check if this is the best email marketing platform for your needs.