This review of ShopBase will introduce you to the features, pricing, advantages, and limitations of the ShopBase platform. We will also discuss how ShowBase tries to address the challenges of cross-border eCommerce. Simply hang on till the end!
Dropshipping is not as simple as it sounds. To run a dropshipping business smoothly, you must efficiently manage several tasks at the same time.
- You must manage your suppliers.
- You must track the fulfillment process and status.
- You need to manage platforms like Printful if you sell custom products.
- You also have to oversee the smooth operation of your storefront software.
But, even if you are careful with all of the above, you will still face challenges like:
- Unacceptable product quality from your suppliers.
- Long shipping time if your supplier is located far.
- Inefficient product packaging if you work with sub-par suppliers.
This is where platforms like ShopBase fit in.
ShopBase attempts to serve as an all-in-one platform to hide all these operational complexities of running a dropshipping business.
In this review, we will dive deep into the features of this platform. We will discuss its features, pricing, pros, and cons to find if ShopBase can be the right choice for your cross-border eCommerce.
Please note that some of the links on this article are our affiliate links. What does that mean for you? This means, if you follow these links to buy anything on our partner websites, we will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps to cover the running cost of this website or pay for an extra cup of coffee!
ShopBase Review: Cross Border eCommerce
ShopBase started its journey to improve the state of cross-border eCommerce by solving most of the problems that we mentioned above.
It acts as an integrated solution in the dropshipping ecosystem. With a central dashboard, the ShopBase platform lets you manage your store, list your products, brand them, and even track the fulfillments.
ShopBase claims that it is an all-in-one solution to run a dropshipping business. In this article, we will dig deeper to check how far this claim is correct.
We are going to discuss:
- How ShopBase works?
- ShopBase features
- ShopBase Hosting
- Customer support
- Pros and Cons of ShopBase
How ShopBase Works?
With ShopBase, you can dropship white-labels and print-on-demand products fast. Unlike platforms like Spocket, you can manage your entire business from a single dashboard.
Moreover, just like other competent dropshipping platforms, ShopBase makes it easy to rebrand the products. You can add your logo and customize it completely to match your brand.
Using ShopBase app extensions, you can sell print on demand products like:
- Long sleeve shirts
This unified platform also has a powerful packaging solution addressing one of the chief challenges we mentioned earlier.
ShopBase also offers several out of the box eCommerce features that can prove handy for your store.
With ShopBase, you get
- A conversion-optimized online store builder.
- Free migration with the ShopBase app.
- Ability to store up to 1000 product variants.
- Tools to import products in bulk.
- An inbuilt abandoned cart recovery system.
- Integration with global order fulfillment services.
To be honest, its simple yet powerful tools can help you to create a dropshipping store in less than 15 minutes.
Features of ShopBase
Here we will discuss the main features of the ShopBase platform.
You must have a fast, responsive, and attractive storefront for a successful online business.
The quick setup process in ShopBase lets anyone design a storefront in a matter of minutes. You can choose any of the attractive and conversion-optimized ShopBase templates for free. And you should be good to go.
ShopBase Payment Gateways
ShopBase store builder lets you accept payments from PayPal, Stripe, and BlueSnap.
Store owners can also transact using debit and credit cards.
Reports and analytics
The ShopBase dashboard lets you check every action of your visitors. You can find real-time updates on your sales, orders, and the average earned revenue. You do not need any extra app to achieve this for your store.
The product report feature is also useful. With this, you can filter the best selling products easily.
Uploading Products in ShopBase
You can add products to your ShopBase store using a CSV file. You can also use 3rd party apps like Dropship Connector to upload products.
ShopBase lets you choose your fulfillment partners.
It also helps you to easily track your inventory.
ShopBase Mobile app
The ShopBase mobile app is a powerful utility to help you access your dashboard from any mobile device.
Every action in the mobile app syncs with the ShopBase backend. In other words, you can manage your ShopBase store from your mobile device.
ShopBase gives you unlimited bandwidth on any of its plans. It also offers you a free 256-bit SSL certificate for your store.
With a 99% uptime guarantee and unlimited bandwidth, you do not have to worry about your server.
You must note that ShopBase does not have any free plan. Instead, you get a 14 day free trial period. Signing up for the free trial does not need your credit card details.
You can signup for ShopBase with the following simple steps.
- Visit ShopBase.
- Create a free account with your email address.
- Customize your store and start selling.
If you want to continue using ShopBase after your trial ends, you must upgrade to one of the three paid plans.
Before diving into the ShopBase pricing plans, let me tell you the features common to the three ShopBase plans.
Every ShopBase plan gives you
- Access to the online store builder.
- Ability to upload unlimited products.
- No restriction on the volume of sales.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- 24/7 customer support.
- AliExpress drop-shipping app and support.
- Automatic synchronization with PayPal and Stripe.
- Ability to auto-import products via a CSV file.
- Exclusive Print-on-Demand support.
- A fraud analysis report.
- Free SSL certificate.
- ShopBase’s upsell and cross-sell tools.
- Abandoned cart recovery.
The three ShopBase plans differ in:
- Transaction fee that ShopBase charges for your shop.
- Staff accounts you can have for your store.
|Features||Base Plan||Standard Plan||Pro Plan|
You can avail of an upfront 10% discount when you opt for the annual plan.
And if you sign up with our affiliate link, you get another 20% discount! Signup with this link and apply the coupon subscription20 to get your discount.
Customization in ShopBase
ShopBase has a collection of six templates or themes. All these ShopBase templates are free.
Of course, this is very small in number when we compare it with eCommerce platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce.
But, the difference here is all ShopBase templates come with every required eCommerce page. In other words, you can launch your ShopBase store and go live in a click.
Moreover, these ShopBase templates are responsive, SEO optimized, and customizable.
The best way to choose a proper ShopBase theme is:
- Visit the ShopBase website.
- Navigate to the template section.
- Select the ShopBase template targeting your niche.
- Preview it.
Unlike Shopify or WooCommerce, ShopBase does not have hundreds of plugins, apps, or extensions.
This is because most of the features that you usually get using plugins and extensions are actually available in ShopBase right out of the box.
- You do not need an app for abandoned cart recovery.
- You do not need a plugin to check your analytics.
Features like these are available in the ShopBase platform as core functionality.
The main advantages of needing fewer third party apps are:
- The cumulative running expenses for your online shop will be substantially less.
- Your data will be more secured.
- Your ShopBase store will be more performant.
On the flip side, a lack of apps can indeed limit your ability to customize your store when you compare with Shopify or WooCommerce.
ShopBase Customer Support
Here, let us understand how the customer support system works in ShopBase.
ShopBase provides a dedicated support team for all its customers. You can reach out to ShopBase over the phone, live chat, or email for any support you may need.
Moreover, you get a dedicated account manager to help you set up the store as soon as you sign up.
ShopBase also has an active community to share views and opinions about the platform.
Advantages and Limitations of ShopBase
Before wrapping up this review of ShopBase, let us summarize its pros and cons.
Advantages of ShopBase
- ShopBase offers you a unique and unified platform to start and manage your dropshipping business.
- The ShopBase dashboard is simple yet powerful.
- The ShopBase mobile app lets you access your store from any mobile device.
- ShopBase pricing plans are competitive and suitable for any type of seller.
- ShopBase templates are free and customizable. These are optimized for SEO and conversions.
- ShopBase is a simple tool for drop-shippers who want to sell white labels and POD products.
- Every ShopBase template and ShopBase app is free.
Disadvantages of ShopBase
- The ShopBase marketplace is not yet diverse. You will not find many apps or themes for ShopBase.
- The ShopBase community is still evolving. You may not find answers to all your queries in the community right away.
ShopBase is a powerful eCommerce solution suitable for entrepreneurs looking for an all-in-one platform to manage their dropshipping business. In short, ShopBase is an efficient, feature-rich platform for cross border eCommerce.
But, ShopBase is not for you if you prefer heavy customization for your online shop and like to work with and manage multiple business partners.
The cross-border channel is a powerful concept for generating massive revenue.
ShopBase fits in perfectly to serve as an all-in-one platform to support cross-border eCommerce. If you are looking for a powerful eCommerce platform that is not expensive, ShopBase is a good option.
Though limited, the free ShopBase templates are customizable and conversion-optimized. It is also true that the ShopBase app store has a fewer number of apps. But, the out-of-the-box ShopBase features are often enough for running any online business.
Moreover, ShopBase’s performance is stable. There will be no hiccup with an increase in traffic to your store.
If you are still undecided, just create a free account. Play around with the platform for two weeks. Then decide whether ShopBase suits you.