A few days back, we were talking about dropshipping as a lucrative business model. To be precise, it is easy to start, scale-up, and run a dropshipping business profitably. Ecommerce platforms like Shopify lets you launch a robust online store fast and in an inexpensive way. With it, you can start your dropshipping business right away as soon as you have your list of suppliers ready.
But remember that the store builder is much less significant compared to the quality of your supplier. In other words, you must always work with reliable suppliers to succeed in your dropshipping business.
The quality of your suppliers can make or break the prospect of a dropshipping business.
While you can work with individual suppliers, most entrepreneurs running successful dropshipping businesses actually partner with reliable marketplaces. These dropshipping platforms ensure a steady and reviewed list of high-quality suppliers that can support multiple niches. Moreover, you are not limited to the catalog of any single supplier.
In this article, we are going to review one such dropshipping platform – Spocket.
Here, we will talk about the features, pricing, strength, and weakness of Spocket in close detail. We are hopeful that this article will help you to decide if Spocket is right for you.
Review of Spocket
- Supported platforms
- Using Spocket
- Features of Spocket
- Pros and Cons of Spocket
What is Spocket
Spocket is a dropshipping platform for online businesses. It can connect easily with all major store builders. Most importantly, Spocket lets you start with a free account and connect with your store right away.
It even lets you sell products from global suppliers using social media sites like Facebook or Instagram.
As we will see later, most of the suppliers in Spocket’s umbrella are based out of the United States, Europe, and Australia. Unlike their main competitors, Spocket does not focus only on products from Chinese suppliers.
Spocket does not list cheap products compromising on the quality.
On the other hand, it has a vast catalog of products catering to various niches. The suppliers are individually vetted, rated, and reviewed.
You can order samples to check the quality of products before shipping them to customers.
Spocket has an excellent support group. Moreover, a considerable number of businesses trust it for running their dropshipping businesses.
What makes Spocket different from its closest competitors is its suppliers.
Unlike most dropshipping platforms like Oberlo or AliExpress, Spocket does not focus on cheap and inexpensive merchandise from Chinese suppliers. Instead, most of the suppliers are based out of the United States, EU, or Australia. The suppliers are vetted, reviewed, and rated in Spocket.
But, what does that mean for the business owner?
With Spocket, you can be assured of better quality control, more consistent product quality, a reliable supply chain, and happier customers.
Moreover, if your customers are primarily located in these geographies, they can receive the products faster.
Of course, the flip side is the products will be more expensive than their Chinese counterparts.
As of writing this article, Spocket integrates with the following store builders.
- Shopify– You can connect with the Spocket platform easily if your store runs on the Shopify platform. There is an official Shopify app available for the integration.
- WooCommerce – Spocket has an official extension for the WooCommerce platform as well. So, if you are running your store on WooCommerce, you can use this official plugin to get you started.
- Other platforms – Spocket also has integrations with BigCommerce, Wix, Ecwid, Squarespace, and AliScraper.
If you are using any of these online store builders, you can start dropshipping fast with the supported out-of-the-box integrations.
In other words, you can import products to your store and automate order processing on any of these platforms.
To summarize, Spocket has official integrations with Shopify, WooCommerce, Wix, BigCommerce, Squarespace, Aliscraper, and Ecwid.
How to use Spocket
Spocket lets you create an account for free. With your free account, you can browse Spocket’s catalog of products for free.
Getting started with Spocket is easy and fast.
- Visit the Spocket website.
- You will notice a button Get Started on the right-hand top corner. Click on it.
- Provide your name and email address to create your Spocket account.
- You can even connect using your Gmail or Facebook account.
- Optionally, you can even specify the products you plan to sell using Spocket.
The takeaway is you can sign up for free. There is no upfront charge. You do not need to share your credit card details either.
Connecting your store
You can connect your store with Spocket easily if your store runs on any of the supported platforms.
You can log in to your Spocket dashboard and connect your store by providing the store URL, in case you are using Shopify. You can do this using the official Shopify app as well.
If you use WooCommerce, you must install the Spocket plugin. After activating the plugin, paste your Site Id in the settings. You can find your Site Id from the Spocket dashboard after selecting My Shop and WooCommerce.
Spocket gives you the ability to search for products you want to sell. You can use different filters or text-based searches to find a suitable product to dropship.
You can also see the shipping details to ensure that the products ship to your target locations.
Spocket lets you import products to your store easily. Moreover, you can modify the details like name, description, and product images before listing them.
In other words, you have complete control over setting the product information before or after listing them on your store.
Processing of Orders
When your customer places an order in your store, it gets synced up in Spocket automatically.
To process an order at Spocket:
- You must log in to your Spocket dashboard.
- Select My Orders from the toolbar.
- You can also view the details of the customer.
- You must check out to initiate order processing. Spocket calculates the shipping cost and transaction fees based on the shipping address.
- Optionally, you can add special instructions for the supplier.
- As the final step, you must place the order to process it. This will charge your credit card for the base cost and the shipping cost.
Note that you will receive a confirmation email after this step. The supplier will also be notified to start with the fulfillment process.
Features of Spocket
Shipping Time of Spocket
The main supplier base of Spocket is based out of the United States and Europe.
Unlike most other dropshipping platforms like Oberlo and AliExpress, Chinese suppliers do not form the core of Spocket’s supplier list.
The general user feedback indicates that Spocket has a fast shipping time. Moreover, your customers will receive the products faster if they are located in the United States and Europe.
You can check the processing and shipping time of an order from your Spocket dashboard.
After you search for a product and click on its image, you will find a pop-up window with these details.
You must also note that at present, Spocket’s suppliers only offer standard shipping options. In other words, expedited shipping is not yet available in Spocket.
After the supplier ships out an order, you will receive the shipment details and tracking links over email. You can also access the order details from your Spocket dashboard.
Global Pricing Rules
Spocket has a powerful feature that lets you update pricing in bulk. This eliminates the efforts to update the price for individual products manually.
You can define your markup types as a percentage, multiplier, or just a flat rate. You can even set different markups based on the price ranges.
One more interesting feature is Spocket’s assign cents. Using this feature, you can ensure that the product prices follow your chosen format – $0.99 or $0.00.
Branding is an essential ingredient to establish your own business. This is particularly true for a dropshipping business. A branded invoice achieves this easily.
Fortunately, Spocket allows you to generate branded invoices for your shipments. You can set up branded invoices from your Spocket dashboard.
Note that all suppliers do not support branded invoices. So, you must check the product details to ensure that the supplier lets you send custom invoices.
Also, all Spocket retailers can provide their email and phone numbers on invoices. But, adding a logo and personalized note requires a paid subscription.
The suppliers of Spocket send items in brand-neutral packaging. They do not include any promotional materials with the shipment. This ensures that your suppliers are invisible to the end customers.
However, remember that certain items like apparel may come with the manufacturer’s tags. On one hand, these tags indicate that the products are new and unused. On the other hand, they are also used to honor supplier’s refund policies.
Spocket has a free plan to help you jumpstart your dropshipping business. In other words, you can sign up for a free Spocket account to browse its catalog of products.
If you find the catalog is suitable for your niche, you can upgrade to any of its paid plans to scale up your business.
Here we will talk about the different premium plans available to Spocket users. Note that all paid Spocket plans come with a fourteen-day free trial. You also get five months off if you opt for an annual plan.
Spocket Starter Plan
- Spocket’s starter plan comes with a price tag of $24 per month.
- You can add up to 25 unique products.
- You can have unlimited orders.
- You get email support.
- Your store gets real-time inventory updates.
- Your business can have currency exchange enabled.
- Your store can support global pricing rules.
- You can generate shipment tracking numbers.
Spocket Pro Plan
- Spocket Pro plan is available at $49 per month.
- You can add up to 250 unique products.
- You can also import up to 25 premium products from Spocket’s catalog.
- You can have branded invoices for all your consignments.
- You get access to premium 24/7 chat support.
- You get access to exclusive deals from Spocket.
- You can access Spocket’s premium search features.
- You also have access to everything available in the Starter Plan.
Spocket’s Empire Plan
- Spocket’s Empire plan is available at $99 per month.
- You can import up to 10000 products.
- You can process unlimited orders.
- You can add up to 10000 products.
- You get access to the premium 24/7 chat support.
- You also get access to everything in the Pro Plan.
Spocket Unicorn Plan
- The Unicorn plan comes at $299 per month.
- You get support for bulk checkout.
- You get a dedicated account executive.
- You have access to Spocket’s premium 24/7 chat support.
- You can request products that are absent in Spocket’s catalog.
- Plus, you get everything in the Empire Plan.
Overall, we found Spocket’s Pro plan as the most impressive choice with its support for custom branding.
You must note that all payments are processed securely via Stripe. Stripe charges a processing fee of 2.9% + 30 cents for every successful order.
Moreover, Spocket charges a 5% transaction fee to cover the order processing fees if the supplier maintains warehouses in the US and China. As of writing this article, there are no other direct expenses for dropshipping with Spocket.
Advantages of Spocket
As a dropshipping platform, Spocket has several advantages. Some of its strengths are:
- Spocket has a large number of high-quality suppliers that can cater to multiple eCommerce niches.
- You can start using the platform for free.
- Spocket supports most of the common online store builders that include Shopify and WooCommerce.
- Spocket offers the features at competitive pricing.
- Spocket supports branding and can effectively hide the suppliers from your customers.
Limitations of Spocket
Typically, all platforms have some limitations or shortcomings. As part of a detailed review of Spocket, I found it necessary to list some of its limitations here.
- Spocket supports custom branding only from its Pro plan and above.
- The products on Spocket’s catalog are often expensive than their cheaper Chinese counterparts.
Alternatives to Spocket
Oberlo is one of the popular alternatives to Spocket. This is more because it supports Shopify out of the box.
But what you must note is Oberlo allows you to sell Chinese products from AliExpress. Unlike Spocket, you do not get a catalog of high-quality products from suppliers located in the United States, EU, or Australia.
While the products may seem more expensive, you can be assured of better quality control and customer satisfaction.
On the other hand, Oberlo has a free plan that lets you launch your business right away if you have an active Shopify subscription.
For a detailed comparison between Spocket and Oberlo, you can read our Spocket vs Oberlo comparison.
Modalyst is another popular dropshipping platform that specializes in fashion and accessories. Recently Modalyst has also expanded to home goods, beauty products and, electronics niche.
Its catalog has a selection of international and independent suppliers.
Modalyst works with suppliers from all over the world. But, the majority of suppliers on this platform are from the United States.
You must note that none of the suppliers on Modalyst are wholesalers. Modalyst works with independent designers and brands who create and ship their products.
For a more detailed comparison of Spocket with Modalyst, you can read our Spocket vs Modalyst comparison.
Overall, Spocket is an excellent option to start your own dropshipping business. It lets you browse the catalog for free. It even has an inexpensive starter plan to launch your store fast.
The platform has effective automation and integrations with most major eCommerce platforms. If you want, you can also use other dropshipping platforms along with Spocket.
The platform has several powerful features including ability to generate custom invoices that can help you to launch, run, and succeed in your dropshipping business.
With its impressive list of quality suppliers, Spocket is definitely a pocket-friendly option you must explore.